The Upper Village (North of Eglinton) was developed into the 1950’s and is an exceptionally popular and much treasured neighbourhood for families.
Lower Forest Hill (South of Eglinton) was established earlier as it was mostly built in the 1930’s. Beautiful Tudor style homes were built with interiors full of rich custom millwork, leaded glass windows and exceptional 3/4 cut hardwood floors. Estates on larger lots tended to be on the East side of Spadina Road which is the main artery through “the Village”, but tremendous homes have been built throughout in the years since. Heading South of St. Clair Avenue leads you to the South Hill neighbourhood which was developed in the mid to late 1880’s where the wealthiest Torontonians established their grand residences, most notably Casa Loma and The Spadina House.
“The Village” lies in the very heart of Lower Forest Hill: a central gathering place for neighbourhood inhabitants – filled with warmth, charm and familiar faces. Established businesses include many of Toronto’s bank branches, coffee shops, restaurants, an art gallery, grocery shop and even a very popular bagel shop.
Developed years after Lower Forest Hill, the Upper Village was inhabited by the 1950’s. With some fabulous modernist styles, the neighbourhood has a lovely, independent charm. Walking distance to Eglinton Avenue shops and boutiques along with access to excellent schools make this a fabulous neighbourhood choice!
- Forest Hill Junior & Senior Public School
- North Preparatory Junior Public School
- West Preparatory Junior Public School
- Forest Hill Collegiate Institute
- Bishop Strachan School
- Upper Canada College
- St. Michael’s College
- Suydam Park
- Forest Hill Road Park
- Cedarvale Ravine
- Glen Gould Park
- Kay Gardner Beltine Park
SHOPS & GROCERS
- Kitchen Table
- Shoppers Drug Mart
RESTAURANTS & CAFÉS
- Pizza Banfi
- Second Cup
- Mashu Mashu